YMCA White Rose arose from a merger between Sheffield YMCA and Chantry YMCA. We offer a range of needs-led projects across Rotherham, Sheffield and Wakefield.
This YMCA began its work in 1855 and we currently provide a range of programmes and have a reputation for quality. We currently have approximately 40 project staff, a central team of 4 and a huge team of volunteers who make our work possible.
YMCA White Rose works to enable young people to grow to their full potential by providing a supportive and inclusive community through its various programmes and services.
The ethos of YMCA White Rose is:
- An association based on the equal value of all persons
- Respect and freedom for all
- Acceptance and understanding between people of different opinions
- Active concern for the needs of the community
YMCA White Rose seeks to:
- Provide a welcome and a meeting place, where friendships can be made and counsel sought
- Develop activities which stimulate and challenge members in an environment that enables them to take responsibility to find a sense of achievement
- Create opportunities for exchanging views so that members can improve their understanding of the world, of themselves and of one another